|COLONEL PAUL A. WEIMER|
Col. Paul A. Weimer is commander of the 434th Maintenance Group, Grissom Air Reserve Base, Ind. He is responsible for all facets of aircraft maintenance of the largest KC-135R Stratotanker unit in the Air Force Reserve Command including aircraft launch and recovery, on and off-equipment aircraft maintenance, fleet health support functions and a quality assurance element.
Weimer received his commission in 1986 as a graduate from Purdue University, Ind., earning a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical technology. He entered the Officer Commissioning Program at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn., and was assigned to the 181st Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Indiana Air National Guard, Terre Haute, Ind. He transferred to the Air Force Reserve in 1989, and has held assignments ranging from maintenance control officer to Chief, Logistics Resources, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga. As a maintenance officer, Weimer has experience on the F-4C/E, C-9A, H-60G, (H)C-130P/N/H, A/OA-10 and KC-135R airframes and had deployed in support of Operations Noble Eagle, Deny Flight and Enduring Freedom.
1983 Associate of Applied Science degree, Vincennes University, Vincennes, Ind.
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
1986 Academy of Military Science, McGee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
1990 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1981 - April 1986, weapons loader, 181st CAMS, Indiana Air National Guard, Terre Haute, Ind.
2. May 1986 - July 1986, student, Officer Commissioning Program, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
3. August 1986 - May 1987, student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather Air Force Base, Calif.
4. June 1987 - May 1989, field maintenance officer, 181st CAMS, Indiana Air National Guard, Terre Haute, Ind.
5. June 1989 - August 1990, maintenance control officer, 932nd CAMS, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. September 1990 - November 1990, commander, 932nd CAMS, Scott AFB, Il.
7. December 1990 - March 1992, aircraft generation officer, 932nd CAMS, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. April 1992 - September 1992, maintenance training branch officer, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. October 1992 - November 1994, assistant deputy commander for maintenance, 301st Rescue Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
10. December 1994 - February 1996, commander, 442nd Maintenance Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. March 1996 - May 1997, executive officer, 442nd Logistics Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. June 1997 - March 2003, maintenance officer, 94th MXS, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
13. April 2003- March 2004, commander, 94th MXS, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
14. April 2004 - May 2005, chief, logistics resources, 22 Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
15. May 2005 - May 2009, commander, 916th Maintenance Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
16. May 2009 - present, commander, 434th MXG, Grissom ARB, Ind.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with one campaign star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
AF Longevity Service with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hour glass and 'M' device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle)
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 10, 1986
First Lieutenant July 10, 1989
Captain July 10, 1993
Major August 28, 1998
Lt. Col. September 3, 2003
Colonel January 26, 2007
(Current as of December 2012)